When you look at the reviews for what is the best product to use to get the soft, tousled beach look it all points to Bumble and Bumble’s Surf Spray. So, logically after 12 years of it being on the market it made sense for the company to launch this new addition to the their surf line.
I’m been waiting to try the new Bumble and Bumble Surf line for a while now, and when I noticed that Sephora had it as a trial size I jumped on the offer. I’ve only used it once, but I have to say it lived up to my expectations. It smells amazing, fresh and botanical to give you that nostalgic beach feeling.
The shampoo is very light, and the conditioner is very creamy. I have very fine hair, so this is not something that I would use on a daily basis because it can be heavy on my hair. But, the results were really good. Mixed with the surf spray, I did have very soft waves with little effort.
So what are some of the key benefits?
- The shampoo cleanses to wipe out impurities, so hair can be squeaky clean and ready for styling. It has a blend of minerals which helps build body and enhances natural texture while hydrating sea botanicals give a touch of softness.
- The conditioner gently de-tangles and hydrates hair without weighing it down.
It’s not sulfate free so for those of you who color or treat your hair be careful. Also, to get this beachy look the product does contain salt so it can eventually dry out your hair. This is another reason I wouldn’t recommend using it on a daily basis.
My only main issue was the price, $28.00 at Sephora for the travel set. However, if you don’t use it everyday it may last you for a while. I plan on using it at least once a week depending on the weather and the occasion.
Here are my tips on how to get the most out of these products:
- Before you wash your hair, make sure you comb it out.
- Wash with the shampoo, I usually lather and rinse twice.
- Before you apply the conditioner, make sure you squeeze all the excess water our of hair. This way the conditioner can be applied with out any extra water on your hair. Otherwise, it will water it down.
- Towel dry your hair.
- Spray your locks with the Surf spray.
- Here is the trick, use a diffuser and flip your hair over. Take segments by focusing on sections of your hair that are bunched up and held to your scalp for a couple seconds with the diffuser and the let it go.
- Repeat until your hair is dry and secure with hairspray.
There you go! So, if you’re craving summer perfect waves, this line is definitely worth a try.