We are half way through the summer already, can you believe it? And it’s that time again for me to post my review on my July Sample Society box. It was pretty light this month, and it came in the mail a little late. Usually this box is at my doorstep by the 1st or 2nd of the month, but with the holiday I guess they were running behind because it didn’t actually ship until 7/8.
I’m pretty disappointed this month, I only received 2 items that I actually would consider using. The others I’m tossing! Even the mini Allure magazine they sent was more like a free brochure you can pick up in the CVS beauty aisle. Although, they did offer some good tips for humidity free hair, which I will share at the end of the post.
Now, on to the “eh goodies”:
- Tres Pure Face Tonic – Even the name is throwing me off. However, when I looked it up for a full size it’s a whooping $65.00. The trial size I received is tiny. This promises to soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and helps firm skin while decreasing dehydration. You’re only supposed to blend a few drops in your hands and massage into your face. So, maybe this tiny bottle will last me a while?
- Supergoop Eye Cream – This is priced at $45 for a full size. To be honest, I have tried their other beauty line products and I’m not that impressed. I do like their sunscreen, but this one is a toss for me.
- Annick Goutal Les Nuits d’Hadrien perfume – I have to admit, I was thrown off by the packaging. But this is a refreshing citrus sent, that is perfect for summer. I only used a bit, but it lasted for a while. This is not the type of perfume you drench yourself in! It’s pretty expensive, priced at $89.00 for the full size.
- Vincent Longo Sex Lux Trio Eyeshadow – This I love! It’s very pigmented color, and the combo I received (Caramel Fern) is really pretty. I defiantly will be using this for the rest of the summer, and probably into fall. I’m excited that this was a full size sample as well. This is priced at $35.00
- Lollia At Last Hand Cream – This hand cream smells so good, and it’s not expensive at all. Priced at $7.00 it’s perfect to carry in your purse for a nice, light refreshing fragrance. This was one of my favorites in the box.
Here is my favorite piece from their guide on tips on how to humidity-proof your hair. Every girl can use this tip during these hot summer days and nights. I know we all suffer one way or another, by tossing our hair in a top knot or pulling it back with a headband. But this seems worth giving it a try!
- Set some conditions. To prevent the flyways, you need to condition your hair. But, if you have fine hair like I do it can weigh it down. Try finding a light weight conditioner, and only apply it to your ends. Do a deep conditioner that is a rinse at least 2x a month.
- Sleep on it. Save time by washing and conditioning your hair at night. And as I’m sure most of you know, as infrequent as you can. It’s always best to let natural oils work in favor for your hair when you can, especially during the summer months. After towel drying, try working in some curl enhancing cream or tonic. Twist your hair into a loose braid or bun and sleep on it. Try taking it down in the morning and you’ll have some shiny curls. This really works, I have tried many times and I’m always please with the results.
- Catch the waves – I can’t stress enough how much I love the beach wave look in the summer, and there are so many great products to try (see my earlier post on BB salt spray!) Try spraying it in while hair is damp and letting it air dry. You can even play with some pieces and mess it up with your fingers.
All and all, I’m still sticking with Sample Society. Everyone has their bad days, months, etc! When you still add it all up, I did receive luxury items to try at a fraction of the the cost.
Referenced below is a picture of the Vincent Logo Eye Trio, I got. Hope you enjoyed my post and tips!