Another amazing product from Benefit, that I can’t wait to tell you about. My best friend turned me on to this, and I’m hooked. It’s called “Fake Up” and it has worked wonders for my under eye circle problem. Like most girls, I’m working long hours and getting up early. Add the hereditary factor and it’s been very challenging for me to find the perfect product to help brighten my eyes.
However, this has been the holy grail under the eye concealer I’ve been searching for. Priced at $24.00 this little number, hydrates my skin and lasts all day. It has vitamin E and apple seed, (which is great for that area since it’s very sensitive) and hides my dark circles at the same time. Since it really does moisturize your skin, it helps diffuse fine lines as well. It comes in 3 different shades, and I choose medium since I’m still using Benefit’s Hoola. Combined together, they give you the perfect glowing look you’ve been craving.
Here are some stats I found on Sephora, based on a panel of consumer users, and I have to say I agree:
– 100% said it hydrates skin
– 100% said it feels comfortable on skin
– 100% said the texture feels silky
– 94% said the effect is long-lasting
– 94% said it doesn’t run
– 97% said the formula is lightweight
– 91% said it conceals dark circles
– 91% saw a natural appearance
– 97% said the packaging makes it easy to use
The best part, it’s paraben free. I’m really becoming a true fan of Benefit’s products, now I’m addicted to:
Of course Sephora gave me a sample of High Beam, this magic in a bottle works as a highlighter for your cheek bones and brow area. LOVE IT!
Wonder what I will find next? Let me know your favorites, I’m excited to add more to my collection!
It’s officially Fall, and my Glossybox arrived just in time. The leaves are starting to turn from green to red and gold, the knee-high boots and cashmere sweaters came out of storage and are starting to roam the streets. Everywhere I turn I’m starting to catch a glimpse of tailored trench coats or a knot scarf, and I’m breaking it all out.
With the inspiration in the air, this month’s box focuses on all you need to update your look. From creating smoky eyes, amazing scents, larger than life lashes and the thickest and fullest hair you can imagine. With all the items I will outline below, I’m ready to start the new season as my most fashionable self.
Here is what I received:
- BCBG Maxazria Bon Genre Perfume – It has a very seductive scent, reminds me of an urban rocker chic. I love it, nice and deep for the Fall. Worth $75.00
- Be a Bombshell eyeliner pen in Onyx – The marker like tip goes on nicely so you can master the cat eye look. It’s long-lasting, and waterproof. Worth $14.00
- Emite Eyelash Curler – I’ve been itching to try a new one, and this arrived just in time. It has a special curved design that angles to suit all eye shapes and curls perfectly. Worth $30.50
- Nioxin Diamax Treatment – I’ve used this in the past and love it. But, it became a little pricey for me. I’m so excited that I received the full size in this month’s box. It literally has caffeine in it, and increases the fullness of any hair type. It also strengthens your locks. Worth $50.00
- Oceane Makeup Pen Remover – I never used a product like this, so I’m intrigued to try it. The tip of the pen has a liquid that is perfect for removing excess makeup during your application. It’s great to carry around with you during the day for touch ups. Worth $5.30
So there you go, Glossybox came through again this month by providing me products I’m excited to use. Just in time for Fall!
Labor Day usually starts our annual farewell to Summer, and this weekend I was inspired to start shopping for some makeup that will guide me through the perfect Fall transition.
As I shopped through the mall, I found myself drawn to the MAC booth. I have to admit, it’s been a while since I purchased anything from MAC. However, I have always been a fan of their rich long-lasting lipstick and after 20 minutes I was sold on a complete look for my lips and face that would make a perfect combination for the upcoming season.
First, I went with a complete set for my lips. I’ve been using a lot of coral this Summer and for Fall I have been drawn to the deep burgundy trends I’ve seen all over the runway. I’ve already purchased some key items and thought these 3 combos would enhance my look:
- first, from their Cremeshine collection, I went with “Partyline”. I was instantly drawn to its deep brick-red color. And after my first application it was love at first site. It went on smoothly with a creamy shine.
- Next, to give it some glam appeal I choose “Full For You” from their Plushglass collection. It has a minty vanilla smell to it, and it sort of tingled when I applied it. Sheer, but full of sparkle it perfectly accented the lipstick for when I wanted a going out look or I can use it alone for the weekend.
- Lastly, for the sake of ensuring the lipstick will not bleed outside my lip line I the choose the “Red Enriched” Cremestick liner to bring it all together. It’s a little less rich in color than the lipstick, but blends perfectly and lasted for a good 2 hours. Even through my Starbucks fix.
Finally, to complete my look I choose “Love Thing” from their mineralize blush collection. This is a deep colored blush with a hint of sparkle so when using it I suggest keeping it light when applying it to your face. I love the way it plays off of the lip combination and it’s a great blush to use with dark shadows and dark eyeliners as well.
So, there it is! My new Fall obsessions from MAC. Let me know your favorites for your transition into the new season!
What I love about plaid is you can accessorize it anyway you see fit. From bad ass to preppy, it’s a versatile style that many can pull off. This Fall, the punk look is making its way in with fun plaid skirts and cropped sweaters. Pair them up with some edgy booties and fun purse and your look is complete. Add a spiked bracelet or ring for fun!
To complete your look, try some deep berry lipsticks and plum smoky eyes with a black eyeliner accent. Try dark polishes to match like deep reds or go really dark with all black. It’s not a hard trend to follow, many stores are filling up with their own version of items to pull it all together. It’s a fun weekend look, when you’re feeling like a rebel without a cause!
- All the Rage: Plaid (sleevelesselegance.wordpress.com)
- Little Bit of Preppy (goldwaters.wordpress.com)
I have a new obsession with where I get my hair styled, and I absolutely adore their products. They literally transform you into a new person every time you are there. When you look around the room, you can se true artist working to create the most stylist looks around. The salon is called Hairstories and each time you leave you truly will want to share your story. That is what inspired my post for you today.
I know most of you don’t live in my area, and if you do then you have to check them out. However, if you don’t you still don’t have to miss out on what they have to offer, and that is great products that really do work on your hair.
I’m in love with the Prefix Conditioning Complex. It’s so light and nourishing and great for any hair type or texture. Just spray liberally before using your usual styling products and you’re good to go. You can even use it on dry hair if you’re in need of some conditioning after a long day. This products really helps de-tangle your hair and give it the vital nourishment it needs that makes for a perfect duo.
The results are amazing, my hair is left nice and light with no greasy residue like most leave in conditioner treatments. Now, it’s not sulfate free and for all of you following my blog you know that I am a firm believer it sticking to products that will not strip your hair color. However, I will make the exception on this particular product. I have all the trust in the world with their name and I just got my hair colored and it’s holding on really well while using this product.
I strongly urge you to check out their site and the products they have to offer. You’ll also enjoy the many “hairstories” made by others who have been there by visiting their blog and seeing how talented this group of people really are.
Some of my other favorites are:
- Sufix – You should carry this around with you ALL summer. It protects your hair before and after a swim or a day in the sun.
- Intro – Another leave in conditioner choice that has a heavier constancy. This great to mend split ends.
- The Plot Thickens – I also LOVE this product. It adds great texture to your hair, you don’t even need hairspray afterward.