Fit and flare dresses are all the new rave, and cobalt blue is the trend for the season. Matched with a sleek gold cuff bracelet, classy heels and a great bag it’s perfect for a day at the office that can easily transform into a happy hour event.
All for under a $100! Who says you have to spend a fortune to be trendy? I actually prefer spending less on trendy items and saving my bigger purchases for classic pieces that are timeless.
Here’s my tip: When shopping online always start at the top designer sites first for some inspiration, then you can easily get a snapshot in your mind for what type of looks are hot and what you are going to set your mind on. Then, choose sites like oldnavy.com or forever21.com to find your less expensive match. There are plenty of other sites out there that are suited for your taste, you just have to take the time to find that perfect match.
Here’s my fashion challenge in honor of my 50th post! Show me your favorite look for under a $100, the winner will receive a $25 Visa Gift Card to use toward their purchase.
All you have to do is:
1. Sign up to follow my blog by 9/6.
2. Send me an email with a picture of your steals for under $100 at guidingbeauty.com.
3. The winner will receive the $25 Visa Gift card.
4. The contest runs 8/13 – 9/6!
When it comes to fashion and accessories, I’m always craving the newest trends and stackable rings are my new addiction. I love pairing this trend with brightly colored nail polish and at least one chunky statement ring for added flair. However, you can create your own stylish elegant and delicate pieces that perfectly compliment different styles when worn together. Band or single gemstone rings also do a great job at creating contrast and balance.
It’s very reminiscent of the bohemian styles that have made their way back into fashion this year. It’s Friday night, and you’re probably obsessing about your weekend outfit (I promise I won’t tell!) There’s nothing that can brighten up your outfit than some extra dazzle like this trend. So go ahead and express yourself, have fun and stack them high!
I know we are all enjoying the hot Summer days and nights, but believe it or not Fall is right around the corner. And, if you’re like me or any other Fashionista, you’re already eyeing what you want for those cool nights. From coated to camo, here are 6 denim styles you must try this season!
- Coated – They’re super sleek and have finishes in an array of colors. What I love most about them, is they give you the leather like sheen for half the cost.
- Studded – You can try a little or a lot of these stand out embellishments, which create a tough chic vibe. Pair them up with some kick ass boats and you’ll be styling in no time.
- Moto – Crazy zipper details and notice me stitching, give any outfit you own some instant edge. These look great with a short tailored blazer and graphic tee.
- Two-Toned – Yes, my 80’s children they’re baaaack!! With different colors, washes and patterns to choose from. I love the black and white together. So much fun, and a very unexpected look.
- Camo – Military inspired and major cool girl appeal. They look amazing dressed up with heels or dressed down with flats. You can probably even get away with them this summer, by pairing it up with a hot pink neon tank.
- Patchwork – Vintage denim gives you a slim look. Choose pairs that look worn in and pair them up with a nice crisp button down shirt.
I love arm candy, and summer is the best time to show it off. There are so many options and colors to choose from, it’s fun to pull it all together. Because my style varies depending on my outfit, I decided to do a quick guide to 3 major looks you can try yourself.
Boho – This is my favorite daytime look for just hanging around. Mix it up using bright colors, and adding friendship bracelets. Natural stones, tribal patterns and leather wraps make this the perfect summer go to look.
Trendy – There are so many fun options out there now. Neon colors mixed with gold abstract bracelets make this a fun look to wear when going out. You can make your own color story depending on the outfit you choose. I love wearing this look with graphic tees.
Classic – I love wearing this in the office or out for dinner. Use lots of gold charms, soft colors and dainty shapes. Pair it up with a classic gold watch and you’re good to go.
There is no secret way to doing these looks, the best tip is to not over do it. I personally wouldn’t wear more than 4-5 pieces all together. However, fashion is meant to be an expression of who you are. It’s a form of everyday art, so have fun with it and be who you are!